I always hate this summer season due to the extreme temperature and excess sweating...but still wait for this season eagerly as its the Mango season, and who do not love this yummy fruit king...Every summer we eat loads of ripe and raw mangoes and make various recipes with them..This Mango Milkshake is a creamy yummy healthy summer drink which energizes you and reduces your hunger pangs.
Mango has high iron content, so pregnant women and people suffering from anemia are advised to consume it regularly. Mango combats acidity and improves digestion....It is a rich source of Vitamin A and E which helps hormonal system function efficiently. Selenium present in mangoes provide protection against heart disease....So eat mangoes and be healthy....:-)
Serves :- 3 glasses
- Ripe Mangoes - 2 medium sized
- Chilled Milk - 2 cup
- Sugar - 2-3 tbsp
- Vanilla Ice cream - 1 scoop (optional)
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ice cubes - 4
- Wash, peel and chop the mango pulp in to small cubes.
- Put everything written under ingredient to a mixer grinder or blender and grind/blend till all combines well.
- Serve chilled as it is or with a scoop of vanilla/mango ice cream.
- You can even sprinkle some chopped nuts on top of the milkshake if you like...so try it and enjoy... :-)
- I love it little thick, but if you think its too thick, then you can add little more milk with sugar.
- Make sure to use chilled milk as there are chances for the milk to curdle.
- Choose mangoes that are sweet and juicy but not fibrous.
- Reduce or increase the sugar amount according to the sweetness of the mangoes.
- You can use mango ice cream in place of vanilla ice cream.
- You can also add saffron and cashew to make it more interesting.