Dahi Torani is a very famous drink in Odia Cuisine, in which curd mixed with salt and torani(the water obtained from pakhala) which then tempered with curry leaves and mustard seed and mix with roasted cumin-chilli powder..It is a spicy, healthy, cool and delicious drink to prevent heat stroke during summer.Torani of pakhala is always my favorite and i always drink every drop of it after finishing the rice of pakhala...To make Pakhala, you can always check my post in my previous blog Cooking fundas..
Dahi torani is a recipe from my Late Grand Mom's kitchen...so try it and enjoy....:-)
- Torani - 1 cup
- Curd(dahi) - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Roasted cumin-chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Mustard seed - 1/4 tsp
- Take curd and salt to taste in a galss and mix properly.
- Add torani to the glass and again mix it properly.
- In a pan heat little mustard oil and add mustard seeds to it.
- When they started spluttering, add curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Let the above tempering to cool up to the room temperature and then add them to the dahi torani glass.
- Add the roasted cumin-chilli powder to the glass and mix properly.
- Serve with or without ice....enjoy..:-)