Ambula Rai is a traditional and delicious Odia recipe that is extremely popular among all generations. Its a classic khatta or odia style chutney/raita..It tastes best with almost everything as a side dish. Its my all time favorite dish and very easy to prepare.... :-)
- Ambula (Dry Mango) - 6
- Coconut - 1
- Curd - 1 cup, beaten
- Mustard Paste - 1 tsp
- Green chilli - 3, cut in to half
- Roasted cumin-chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 2-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Few chopped coriander leaves and pudina(mint) leaves
- Dry red chilli - 4
- Pancha Phutana - 1/2 tsp
- Few Curry Leaves
- Ambakasia ada(Mango ginger) - 1'', grated
- Ghee or Mustard Oil - 1 tsp
- Boil the dry mangoes (ambula) in water for 10 mins and keep aside for 1/2 hr.
- Grind the coconut in to a fine paste.
- Take a big bowl and add dry mangoes(ambula), coconut paste, green chilli, sugar, mustard paste, curd, roasted cumin-chilli powder and salt to taste. Mix together properly.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan, add dry red chilli, pancha phutana and curry leaves.
- When the seeds started spluttering, add the ambakasia ada(mango ginger) and fry for 1 min.
- Pour this tempering to the above mixing bowl.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and pudina leaves.Serve and enjoy... :-)